Sunday, May 24, 2015

Pensacola Beach Triathlon: Race Recap







While typically a race recap would include me divulging to you my ins and outs of my race experience; this isn't that friends. Although  I  have been active this entire pregnancy I reluctantly had to sit this race out and I believe not race until after my little lady is here (we are down to 5 weeks yall #eek). As I progess closer to my 40 week mark I'm feeling more of the pregnancy  symptoms that have eluded me since week 12.  However I am grateful  for such a long stretch of uber preggo strength.  And not to toot my own horn I'm a pretty darn good cheerleader.


So I convince my once relay partner Andrea that she should go ahead and do the triathlon sans moi. And being the super OG that she is she took the challenge and just as I suspected rocked it!! Exactly the same way I was encouraged by my homie/fitspiration friend Mary and the ladies of my local running club  Phat Girlz last year. 



This year Pensacola Beach Triathlon served for me as a chance to give back with love and encouragement to ladies who always make me feel included and like I can reach whatever fitness goal I conjure up in this noggin of mine.....hehehe. I encourage  you to give a triathlon a try near you. Don't let fear of failure intimidate you. Go out there, think fun, and just finish what you start & I promise you'll swim,bike,run & love it.










No comments:

Post a Comment